Ultima Underworld II Walkthrough - Interlude VIII - The Traitor
Back in the castle you are eyewitness to a horrible murder. You cannot prevent the murder, but can give the traitor the punishment he deserves.
Things you must do
- Visit Nelson in his room. It seems that Nelson is about to disclose a new and very important discovery to you. But there is a third person in Nelson's room, Patterson, the mayor of Britain.
- It seems that Patterson isn't interested in Nelson's discovery. In fact he prevents Nelson from talking about his discovery. Kill the traitor and lament a dear friend.
- Visit Nystul. He will magically treat the blackrock gem you have found in the Pits of Carnage. Return to the sewers and use the gem on the larger gem as you have done before. Step through the facet left from the entry to the Pits and enter the Tomb of Praecor Loth.
Things you should do
- Talk to some guards and explain what has happend in Nelson's room. Don't touch any item in Nelson's lodgings, because such behaviour may offend the guards.
- Visit the trainers of your choice (in the worlds of your choice) and improve some skills. Remember that Ogri in Killorn Keep also trains Lore.
Things you can do
- Talk to Miranda, she will recommend that you visit Nelson if you haven't already done this.
- Talk with the inhabitants of the castle and discover what they think about the crime.